Emma's ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Friday, August 28, 2009

3 Months old

Miss Emma turned 3 months old yesterday! She's just as sweet as can be! Like I've said before she is such a good baby and does not give us a minutes problem except...she still won't sleep through the night for us. She's like an alarm clock every morning at 3:00 am she wakes up crying ready to eat. So any tips from you moms, I'm open for suggestions. Having a 2nd child can be challenging sometimes because you just assume they will be like your first. Wrong! So far ours are completely opposite. Here is a pic of Emma at 3 months and Rileigh at 3 months. Our computer crashed a while back so I lost a lot of pics of Rileigh but still have my blog posts. It's hard for me to tell if they look a like b/c Rileigh has no hair and Emma has a ton.

So what do you think do they look anything alike?(sorry don't know how to get the pics side by side).


2 comments:

Lindsey Oliver said...

If it makes you feel any better, Nora gets up at 4:00 am (like clock work) several times a week. Usually I can get her back to sleep just by rocking her, reswaddling, putting her in the swing, or giving her a paci. Sometimes, I resort to putting her in the bed with me if none of the other tricks work, which is not my favorite, but I do it to get sleep which is SOOO necessary for me to function. I try to NOT feed her so she doesn't get in a habit of wanting to eat at night.

If Emma acts like she is starving, maybe you can start reducing the amount she eats in the middle of the night. If you do that, make sure you recompensate with more food during the day. I've found my kids sleep better if I keep them on a rigid feeding schedule during the day, every 3-3.5 hours. I wake them up from naps to eat if necessary. So, they eat at 8-11-2-5-8 every day. My theory is if they get all they need during the day, they won't need to wake up at night.

What time does Emma go to bed? You might want to keep her up later so that she can make it a longer stretch through the early morning hours.

She'll eventually get it. :) Best of luck in the meantime!!

Hope all is well,
Lindsey

KatieMGreen said...

dang, i wish i could remember! Lindsey's suggestions sound good though. i guess i'll be finding out soon enough...

and as far as the two... to me, it looks like a little scott and a little you!