Emma's ticker

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Hospital Stay

Hey Everyone,
Please keep Emma in your prayers. Early Monday morning she woke up with a 103 temp and I took her to the doctors office. There they ran some tests and sent us straight to the hospital where we have been since Monday. More than likely she just has a viral infection. With babies that small the automatically admit her to the hospital. If she were Rileighs age they would send us home with Tylenol and tell it works its course.

They did a spinal tap to make sure its not Meningitis and took some blood. Right now we are waiting on the blood and spinal cultures to see if they grow any bacteria. Please pray they don't b/c that will mean this is just a viral infection. Her fever did break yesterday and has stayed at 98 degrees but this afternoon went back up to 100.8

I feel so bad for her b/c she just too small to be going through all of this. She's got and IV in her head and gets antibiotics every 6 hrs just in case its a bacterial infection.

We will know more tonight about the cultures. Emma is fine...it's just a waiting game at this point. Hopefully tomorrow we will be able to come home.

10 comments:

Ashley said...

Oh, no! Poor Emma. She'll be in my prayers. Thanks for letting us know. Keep us posted.

Unknown said...

I'll be praying for you guys. Keep us updated and hopefully there will be good news!

KatieMGreen said...

Poor guys, poor Emma! I'll pray for you guys to get to come home asap!

aimee said...

Oh, I am so sorry! Saying prayers for Emma and you! Keep us updated.

jennifer said...

katie, so sorry. praying for you guys. you feel so helpless when a baby is sick! i know you are exhausted.

Jae and Sierra said...

Oh gosh, I'm so sorry. I will definitely be praying for little Emma, and you guys! I know its no fun in the hospital with a little one...you feel completely helpless! Quenton was in at 6 weeks with RSV, on an IV, etc. I will be praying and praying!!!

Chad and Kristin Pendley said...

Praying for you and Emma. Bless her little heart...it's so horrible when there is nothing you can do to make her feel better. I'll be looking back to see any updates about her.

Lindsey Oliver said...

Oh, Katie, I'm so sorry to hear little Emma is not doing well. That can be sooooooo scary, I know. YOu, that sweet baby, and the rest of your family are definitely in my prayers.

Tara said...

holy cow. Hope all the test come back normal and you guys can get home soon and get Emma back to feeling good.

The Tooles said...

Hope all your tests results come back okay. It is extra hard to watch tiny babies go through all that, but take relief in knowing it is all helping her get better=)