Monday, October 27, 2008
No it's not Chicken Pox
Rileigh had her 12 month immunizations 2 weeks ago which included her 1st round of the MMR vaccine. The doctor said she may develop a fever and maybe a rash on her chest 7-14 days later. Boy he wasn't kidding....a Rash??? She was absolutely miserable. She woke up Saturday morning with this rash from head to toe and itching like crazy. I felt so bad for her. We called the doctor again to make sure it was from the shot and they said it happens in about 1 out of 20 kids and it is the bodies natural way to develop immunity. Today is day 3 of the rash and she still has it and looks horrible, but is no longer itching. So warning to all moms this could happen with the MMR Vaccine. If you click on the pictures you can see it better.

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I HATE immunizations!!! I'm so sorry she has to go through this. Hope she's much better soon.
Yuck! Poor little girl...
Post a Comment